Thursday, January 19, 2012

Houston Marathon

I ran a marathon on Sunday. 
In Houston.
Thats 26.2 miles.
I ran it in 3:29:35.
That's a new PR and my best race EVER!
I didn't go out too fast.
I ran steady and strong.
My splits were even and all right at 7:58 per mile!
I maintained my pace in the last 6 miles.
and
IT WAS AMAZING!

Snapshots of my trip:
The sunrise on our flight to Houston
Coffee starts the journey
The gang at the Nike booth at the expo
Cool looking wall
Wall wide version
Convention center expo
Convention center
Start and finish of the Olympic Trials Marathon!
Park
Cool looking windows
The fast ladies running the trials marathon
So fast, so inspiring
AMAZING!
Cheering for Camille in the trials marathon!
Waiting to watch the race!
More really fast ladies!
Saturday morning shake-out run
Race bib
Finisher's Medal
MY TIME!!
Amazing burger and fries after the marathon
From where I stand
Pasta dinner the night before the marathon!
USA!
Downtown Houston
Port-o-potties ready to go
Will, Mike, Mary, Chuck and Maurice
Pizza after cheeseburgers after the marathon
We devoured the pizza
Trying to make my legs feel better by walking around
Shopping
View from our hotel room
Heading home
Water and ibuprofen

No comments:

Post a Comment