Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Goals

Every year I like to set goals for myself, both personally and professionally. Below are my goals from 2012. I feel fairly good about what I was able to accomplish this past year, but definitely didn't get to everything on the list. 2012 was a great year but I know that 2013 is going to be the best yet! I'm very much looking forward to what this year has in store, most especially the arrival of our little one, but I have many things I would like to do to prepare our lives and just to make myself a better person before June. I feel a little overwhelmed squeezing in all of my 2013 goals (plus the leftovers from 2012) into barely 6 months, but I'm excited for the challenge. Hopefully putting my goals out there will help me to stick with them! 


My GOALS 2012

Become more focused with work and my business
Blog twice a week on a regular basis
Avoid "death by hard drive" of my personal photography
Spend more time (whether in person or on the phone) with friends - don't allow my great relationships with friends to fall away
Allow myself to learn more and grow; don't be afraid to take risks and do scary things to grow
Continue working towards confidence in my own personal style of photography and confidence in myself and my abilities as a photographer
*I feel like these I did not complete or I need to continue working on in the new year. 

Warren Home Renovation 2012: make the house I live in feel like OUR HOME
*As of today we are about 95% finished with our home remodel. I LOVE IT!!
Find and attend a conference or learning opportunity to grow myself and my business (WPPI Conference)
*I'm attending WPPI 2012
Run a sub-3:30 marathon
*I ran 3:29:35 at the Houston Marathon, January 15, 2012
Enjoy every moment (even the mile 25 moments) of running the Boston Marathon for the first time
*I loved every minute, even the post-marathon insane chafing! I can't wait to run again in 2014!
*Yay way to go!!

RUN HAPPY!
BE HAPPY!
Allow God to guide my life and accept His presence more in my life
Cook more new recipes and try more new ingredients all with the goal of eating healthfully and wholesome foods to strengthen our bodies
Cook more asian influenced meals on a regular basis
Eat and think of food in a more body-conscious way, consider food as a fuel for my health
*These are goals that I will continue to work on throughout 2013 since they are ongoing

My GOALS 2013

STRONG: my word of the year

ORGANIZATION
  -The house
    -Set things up so that I can maintain what I do. Create living systems that are realistic for who we are as a family.
    -Closet/Office/Kitchen/Living/Nursery
  -Photos:
    -Create an organized system for photographs so that I feel better shooting more but can DO more with my photos
    -Print and display photos on a more regular basis
  -De-clutter
  -Create routine and systems
GETTING THINGS DONE
  -Set goals
  -Get stuff done
  -Follow up
  -Make things happen
HOME
  -Finish the remodel and decorate the house
  -Photograph the results of the remodel and new decorations and share here. 
  -Host a party for friends to see all our hard work and the results!
BABY
Prepare:
  -Read and learn about what is to come
  -Plan photography and life documentation for baby
  -Prepare, paint and design nursery
  -Plan for baby gear/purchases
ME 
  -Read two books a month - combination of business and fun books
PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHY
  -52 Week photo project 
  -Do something creative with photography every week that is just for me and not client related
  -Shoot more film
  -Document life and start working on a scrapbook/memory book system: whether it be an album or a plan for    creating blurb-style books each month/year
RUNNING
-Continue happy and safely running during pregnancy. While I won't be setting any time goals for my running this year I want to maintain running throughout my pregnancy, keep my body strong and healthy and return to running even stronger for the second half of the year. 
Goals during pregnancy:
  -Maintain steady weekly mileage
  -Stay injury free
  -Make stretching (and even yoga...gasp!) a part of my regular workout routine
  -Enjoy running and be ok with my new speed
  -Run the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon
Goals postpartum:
  -Run strong
  -Be patient with my body and my return if it is not as fast as I imagined
  -Learn to balance my new baby priorities with running
  -Enjoy running with baby
  -Run 30 miles for my 30th birthday on September 14th
  -Run a marathon in fall/winter 2013 for FUN
  -Start training hard in the fall with the goal of new PRs and a spring marathon in 2014
MY BUSINESS
Overall branding of my business for 2013 to take HWP to a new level, this includes:
  -Website, blog, logo redesign
  -New paper products
  -Creating a cohesive vision for my company that includes a mission statement
  -Spend time thinking about what makes my business unique and special, what I like and who I am as a business owner so I can start conveying that in my brand
  -Organizational systems within my business that will make my life easier
  -Create a workflow
  -Offer more to clients in 2013
  -Narrow down my focus and put my efforts there
  -Continue shooting for me and staying creative

No comments:

Post a Comment