Monday, July 2, 2012

June


June has been a pretty interesting, long and exhausting month. It officially feels like summer and I'm feeling the urge to make lots of summer to do lists and goals and start lots of projects and dream about getting them all done. 

Right now the big deal here in Oklahoma City is, of course, the Thunder being in the NBA finals. The city has gone Thunder crazy and we are all very excitedly cheering on our home team as they play against the Miami Heat in the finals. It's so incredibly to think that just four years ago Oklahoma City didn't even make it on the radar when it came to professional sports, and now after a dismal first season, in only our 4th season we are in the finals and arguably the best team in the NBA...now if only we could play like that! Update: The Thunder lost game 5 last night, ending their playoff run. It was a tough game to watch but win or lose, I'm an OKC Thunder fan and I'm so proud of our team and the great season that we had! I'm already counting down til October and our game opener against the Suns!


I've been happily tending to my basil and it seems to be flourishing after two separate major harvests of leaves (YUM!) and despite a four day period of neglect due to an unexpected trip. I love how hearty and easy to care for basil is, it makes me feel like I can garden and is boosting my confidence! So much so that I bought a rosemary plant (I'm keeping it inside) and for now it seems to be doing well also. Rosemary makes for some yummy potatoes. 


Organizing my work space to increase productivity with the help of my organization consultant (aka Brooke). Hoping to have my office space better suited to working very soon!

Struggling with low levels of energy towards getting things done. I get very frustrated when nothing happens when I think it should and yet I feel no urgent desire to get things done. Blah. Trying to work though what's going on and figure out what works for me. Trying new organizing systems is one way as well as working on new ways of thinking. I know it isn't easy, hopefully I'll work through this time shortly!

I'm still running and biking...isn't that what summer is for? I love it! Although I'm having a tough time adjusting to the early morning wake-up times that summer heat requires. I'm telling myself that's why I DESERVE that extra (one...ok four, cups of coffee throughout the day!)


I  was able to finally see more of the new Devon building since Will has officially moved in now. His office is on the 38th floor so after meeting him for lunch at Nebu on Friday we took a tour of his floor and office. The view from that high is quite spectacular and the building is very nice!



We recently tried the newest coffee and breakfast spot in Edmond: Cafe Evoke. After our 14 miler Sunday we stopped in for coffee and it was delicious!  I have a feeling we will be enjoying their coffee on a regular basis.


Of course I've been cooking a lot, as always! 





The second week of June, my Aunt Jennie passed away after a long and difficult battle with cancer. Will and I joined Emily and Brian and road-tripped to Indianapolis to pay our respects and celebrate her life! It was a long and exhausting trip but I am so glad we were able to be there with family!








After Jennie's funeral we went and hung out at their neighborhood beach! It was the coolest place...their neighborhood had taken a water retention pond and added sand to make a beach and we were able to swim, play and make sand castles! It was a great way to spend the afternoon. Emily and I made some really awesome sand castles with moats!



Big Emily entertained us with her impersonation of a french hair dresser and braiding everyone's hair.


 It was great to spend time together. Even if we were there for a very sad reason, it felt good to be together. We all went to SkyZone, a giant trampoline play place. It was SO much fun! Even us big kids had a good time bouncing and it was great exercise too!








With only a week home to recover from our trip to Indiana, we prepared for our big trip to Las Vegas for the annual Sonic Convention trip. I've become the official photographer for the Sonic Convention, so I was busy attending all the events, but we had fun enjoying time by the pool and hanging out with Will's family and friends. We were even able to make it to two different restaurants featured on the Food Network (Pho 87 and Forte) and try Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill which was located inside our hotel, Caesar's Palace. We woke up early every morning to run with our last morning including a trip to Red Rock Canyon to run. WOW! Hills! Very hard but great views. Vegas is fun but exhausting and I am always so ready to get home!




Unfortunately, right before we left for Vegas, we had a major flood at our house! Looking on the bright side, we are very lucky that it happened BEFORE we went out of town, not during since we were able to get the water shut off and have a cleanup crew out to the house quickly. Unfortunately, all our carpets were ruined and a lot of things in the kitchen are going to need repair and replacement. It's really stressful and annoying since our house is torn apart and we're living with dirty concrete floors and dodging carpet nail strips, but I'm looking forward to our upcoming remodel and updating our house with some more modern touches! Look forward to more updates about our home renovation!
























No comments:

Post a Comment